Today I’m wilfully spilling out the beans on the excuses I have made for the countless things I have bought over the years and setting my inner Rebecca Bloomwood free.
Disclaimer: If you are a Shopaholic, you’ll understand, if you are not, please don’t judge…
- Oh this? It’s not new, I’ve had it for years, you’ve just never seen me wear it.
- I brought this back from my mum place, it was just sitting in a closet there.
- My mum gave me this as a birthday present.
- This is a press sample from work, we had an office clean up, so they just gave it to me.
- I attended an event, they gave it to me as a thank you gift.
- This was my leaving present from my work colleagues.
- I had to buy it, I don’t have anything for that meeting next week that is black and not too short.
- I will wear this with everything, it even goes with your shirt. Can I borrow your shirt?
- This is not new, I’ve been wearing it for the past 6 months, keep up!
- It was on sale, I saved so much money!
- This is an investment piece, it’s cost will only go up over time, I’m making money on this!
I hope you enjoyed reading some of my creative thinking and had a little chuckle and also hopefully you have a few lines if ever in dire need!